- Entrepreneurs initiate and operate a purposeful enterprise.
- Entrepreneurs operate within the context and industrial environment at the time of initiation.
- Entrepreneurs identify and screen timely opportunities.
- Entrepreneurs accumulate and manage knowledge and technology.
- Entrepreneurs mobilize resources - financial, physical and human.
- Entrepreneurs assess and mitigate uncertainity and risk associated with the initiation of the enterprise.
- Entrepreneurs provide an innovative contribution or at least a contribution that encompasses novelty or originality.
- Entrepreneurs enable and encourage a collaborative team of people who have the capabilities and knowledge necessary for success.
source: technology ventures from idea to enterprise