6 reasons why loyalty providers should consider
structuring their programs
to connect with customer’s credit or debit cards
1. Increased POS compatibility
– Card-linked programs do not require expensive upgrades, in-store training, & can achieve broad customer adoption.
- Expanded reach
– With a traditional, non-card-linked loyalty program, the merchant is only targeting customers that are already coming in the door. With card-linked offers merchants can complement these programs to find new customers and convert them to loyal ones.
– Customers are targeted based on previous purchase history, merchants also know they are acquiring the right customers. As a result, we find that many merchants opt to run a crad-linked offers campaign in tandem with their existing loyalty programs.
– To put dollars in marketing that isn’t about the «one and done» discount, but rather is about attaining new customers and turning them into loyal ones.
- Improved analytics
– Merchants can better understand customers through transaction histories.
– The data & trend analysis can be used to build smarter marketing programs designed to drive incremental sales.
- 360degree views of consumer behavior
– Across the entire wallet of spending. Consumers’ purchase behavior captures 360 degrees of activity, not just purchases in a single store or category, but all activity of the consumer.
– Understanding a customer’s loyalty demands knowing where they spend and when they’re not buying from you.
- Simplicity for consumers and merchants
– Consumers are using the very thing that is already in their wallet, so it’s fast, simple & easy for them
- Leveraged brand affinity
– Enable merchants to leverage the brand affinity of large, established loyalty programs.
– To attract new customers and boost card spend from existing customers. Card-linked loyalty programs help merchants tap into the marketing muscle of major loyalty programs, thus to cover customer databeses to promote shopping in many channels.