News in IT
- SIM card offers cheap international data for frequent fliers
DOODAD is an international SIM card that enables travelers to take advantage of an inexpensive GSM connection regardless of the contract they’re on.
- App offers instant and easy small payment gift requests
Ok’d enables anyone to take a photograph of a product and instantly receive money from a friend or relative to pay for it. (https://www.getokd.com/info/?msgid=6)
- Through app, consumers connect with local fashion boutiques based on social interests
The walkby app enables users to ‘follow’ new trends or products in order to receive notifications when local boutique stores have stock that matches their interests. (http://www.walk.by/)
- Augmented reality platform enables consumers to virtually try before they buy
- Miracle-Gro partners with tech entrepreneurs to create location-based gardening advice app
Sprout It is an app that not only provides location-specific advice to green-fingered consumers, but also aims to raise awareness about a brand pivot for its sponsor. (https://app.gosprout.it/)
- In Latvia, app rewards frequent fliers for burned calories
The Burn The Miles app offers rewards to frequent fliers who jog enough to burn off the same number of calories as miles they’ve flown.
- Watch-sized communicator helps parents and kids stay connected
VIVOplay is a wearable mobile communications and location device designed to help families stay connected. (http://www.evadofilip.com/)
- From Australia, QR code app helps event attendees to skip the queues
ExpressQ enables event attendees to pre-order and pre-pay for food, drinks or merchandise for easy collection on the day. (https://www.expressq.com.au/)