- The recognition that is based on a feeling of familiarity with a situation.
- Another possible explanation for the phenomenon of déjà vu is the occurrence of "cryptamnesia", which is where information learned is forgotten but nevertheless stored in the brain, and similar occurrences invoke the contained knowledge, leading to a feeling of familiarity because of the situation, event or emotional/vocal content, known as "déjà vu".
- According to a scientific research, some of medicins can lead to deja vu.
- Healthy male who started experiencing intense and recurrent sensations of déjà vu upon taking the drugs amantadine and phenylpropanolamine together to relieve flu symptoms.
- Some serious psychopathological disorders might lead to deja vu.